Saturday, April 22, 2017

April 19th 2017 Practicing Cunning?!?!?!

Reading: 2 Corinthians 4 and Deuteronomy 1-2

Scripture: 2 Corinthians 4:1-2, Therefore, having this ministry by the mercy of God, we do not lose heart. But we have renounced disgraceful, underhanded ways. We refuse to practice cunning or to tamper with God's word, but by the open statement of the truth we would commend ourselves to everyone's conscience in the sight of God.

Observation: I have been to churches where it didn’t seem to me that the paster saw that they only have the ministry they do by the mercy of God. I have been to many churches where you don’t feel the presence of God there. 

Application: Paul knew that it is only by Gods grace that we get to do anything in his name and in that we can't change what in the word of God. There are those in the world that don’t or wont take God’s word as face value. There may be times where we have to study a culture, a people, or a language to better understand what God was saying though the writer but we are still looking at the same Gospel and the same scriptures pointing us to the same God and our savior His Son.


Prayer: Abba Father you are so amazing, it astounds me how your mercies abound each day. I thank you for the opportunities you have placed before me to do your work and share your love with those around me. I thank you for the provisions and blessings you pour out on my family and all of man. I ask that you help me to keep from tampering with the word and help me to be the steward you have called me to be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment