Tuesday, April 4, 2017

April 3, 2017 Meat Meat Meat!!!!!

Reading: 1 Corinthians 4, Numbers 11-12 and Psalm 148 

Scripture: Numbers 11:32-33, And the people rose all that day and all night and all the next day, and gathered the quail. Those who gathered least gathered ten homers. And they spread them out for themselves all around the camp. While the meat was yet between their teeth, before it was consumed, the anger of the Lord was kindled against the people, and the Lord struck down the people with a very great plague.

Observation: How often do we look back on what we had or what we use to do and think things were better when? That is just what these Israelites were doing. After 400 years in captivity and slavery, and the great wonders that God did to bring them out and they are wining it was better as slaves in Egypt even though they had been crying out that they were slaves and being over worked. Now that God is giving them food every day in the form of Mana they are crying to God again. 

Application: We need to take our time to look at and appreciate what blessings and provisions that God is giving us now and try to not look at what life used to like. I know that I struggle with looking at how much money I make and how much I have committed to give back to God and looking at my budget and not knowing where the funds are coming from. My Faith is being stretched and I am needing to remember that He is the provider and I am just the steward and as the steward when I hear God ask me to increase my giving or to give to a cause I need to not hesitate or look at how it will affect me in the long run because God will take care if me being that we are listening to him and he loves to take care of us.

Prayer:  Father I thank you for loving me and taking care of me each day. You amaze me on how you are able to make money and things grow or last. I Thank you for you blessings and provisions that you pour out on us each day. Lord I ask that you help us to see the blessings in today and not dwell on the past when we thought we had more but we were only in slavery. 


No comments:

Post a Comment