Sunday, April 16, 2017

April 16, 2017 Affliction come and go.

Happy Easter or Resurrection Sunday if you prefer. I’m sorry its been nearly a week since my last post. I have been struggling with some personal issues and in doing so I feel like I laid down the most important thing and that is getting into the word and spending time with the Lord. I am grateful that this next weekend will be a mens retreat where I will have a chance to get recharged and focus my heart and mind more on God and what he has for me. 

Reading: 2 Corinthians 1, Numbers 32 and Psalm 74

Scripture: 2 Corinthians 1:3-4, Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. 

With The things I have been going though these lasts few weeks, this passage jumped out at me. I have been worrying about finances and struggling with God providing all that we need, I know that scripture that he provides for the birds of the air and we are more valued then many birds. Where my struggle has been I have been taking care of the budget and looking at what our projected income should be and what our projected bill are and how it looks to my human eyes that our expenses are more then the income that we have coming. 

God has been so good to us in the past and has taken care of us so well. I have been doing my best listening to God and giving in tithes and offerings that first fruits that has been laid on my heart to give. I have struggled to the point of thinking about reducing our giving until some of our financial burden has cleared up. I know that this time of Financial struggle is not something God has devised but he will find a way to use it for the good of all. Just that the passage says God comforts us in our afflictions so that we can comfort those who need comforting. It is not easy to have these times affliction but we can learn form them so that we can help others who are in the same or similar situations. 


Prayer: Father you are the great comforter. I thank you for everything you provide for us and all the blessings you have given to us and for those we have yet to see. I ask you to help us to keep our faith in you as we go though afflictions and seek to see how you see the situation and your providence in getting though it. Also help us to see how we can be a comfort to others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment