Saturday, April 22, 2017

April 20 2017 Can I go home now?!?!?!

Reading: 2 Corinthians 5 and Deuteronomy 3-4

Scripture: 2 Corinthians 5:1-2, For we know that if the tent that is our earthly home is destroyed, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens. For in this tent we groan, longing to put on our heavenly dwelling

Observation: I enjoy going out into the woods and camping with family and friends so Pauls comparison of our bodies being a tent and our heavenly bodies that we will one day receive is our home is one I can understand. I know I'm guilty of this, I have had times where my focus was on what I could get, where I could live and how good I looked doing it. But if you have truly tent camped you know that its dirty you only get to wash up in the body of water near by (if there is one). 

Application: Paul being a tent maker, and traveling as he did he would know the difference in how dirty and out of sorts things can be when you are living in a tent verses being in a house. Paul is reminding us that we are not home we are sojourning here on earth. Our eternal dwelling place is in heaven and our earthly dwelling is dirty and a mess but though the Son and our faith we are given that home in heaven. Just as at the end of a camping trip you are so looking forward to getting home and taking the shower, Paul is saying that we are groaning for that new body and that home in heaven. 


Prayer: Father I stand before you in worship longing for that new body and home. I thank you Lord that you provide all things and long to open the floodgates to heaven and bless us. I ask that you help us to keep our focus we don't want to get to the point to the old adage of “being so heavenly minded that we are of no earthly good.

No comments:

Post a Comment