Thursday, April 6, 2017

April 6, 2017 The best Marriage

Reading: 1 Corinthians 7 and Numbers 16

Scripture: 1 Corinthians 7:13-15, If any woman has a husband who is an unbeliever, and he consents to live with her, she should not divorce him. For the unbelieving husband is made holy because of his wife, and the unbelieving wife is made holy because of her husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean, but as it is, they are holy. But if the unbelieving partner separates, let it be so. In such cases the brother or sister is not enslaved. God has called you to peace. 

Observation: I have struggled for long time in my heart that I am a bad man in the sense that I have been though two divorces. The first didn’t last an entire year before I couldn’t take the abuse and the second lasted nearly seven years before she filed for divorce. I know that this was not one sided it takes two to make a marriage work and that a good marriage takes Work and a great marriage requires Work with Christ at the center of it. I don’t know where these two women’s hearts are with God, but now when I look back and have a wonderful model of what a Godly woman should be I feel like I was married to women who appeared religious but may not have had any relationship with Christ. I also at the time may have only appeared to have religion and not the relationship I now know. I have been holding onto the burden that I am a divorced man and today I am starting the process of letting go of that hurt that I have carried for years after my first divorce nearly 16 years ago.


Prayer: Father you are so wonderful and I stand humbly at your feet seeking your direction in my life and looking for the light to shine on the path to take. I thank you for your love and forgiveness that you give us each day as well as that provisions and blessings. I ask that you help us to love our wives and love women as you love them and not as the world thinks we should. Help us to show them their worth in you and that their worth is not based on what they show or do but is found in you alone. I thank you for your love Lord

No comments:

Post a Comment