Saturday, April 22, 2017

April 22, 2017 I DID IT!!!!!!!!!

Reading: 2 Corinthians 7, Deuteronomy 7-8 and Psalm 139

Scripture: Deuteronomy 8:17-18, Beware lest you say in your heart, 'My power and the might of my hand have gotten me this wealth.' You shall remember the Lord your God, for it is he who gives you power to get wealth, that he may confirm his covenant that he swore to your fathers, as it is this day.

Observation: I can’t count the times where I have heard people gloating on what they have done or how much they have made. It is easy to use these things as marks of wealth and success, and the world looks at it from this perspective. The world around us tries to tell us that our worth and value are dependent on what we know and what we have.

Application: God Wants us to remember that it all comes from him, he gave us the ability to be prosperous and to grow. Just as in 1 Timothy 6:10 God is telling us that its not the wealth that is the issue but it is the love of it and thinking that it is all your own doings and power that has gotten you to where you are. None of us are where we are on only our own power, God gave us our abilities and our drive. 


Prayer: Father I stand before you amazed that you care enough that you not only think of me but you have thousands of thought each and every day. I feel so unworthy of your love and affection you have for me. I thank you that you have provided all things and you have given me the abilities to do the things I do. I take care of all things Lord. I ask that you help us to remember on a daily basis that all our abilities and all our might and power come from you and in you all things are possible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment