Monday, April 10, 2017

April 10th, 2017 Out of the mouth of a Donkey?!?!?

Reading: 1 Corinthians 11, Numbers 22 and Psalm 84

Scripture: Numbers 22:27-28, When the donkey saw the angel of the Lord, she lay down under Balaam. And Balaam's anger was kindled, and he struck the donkey with his staff. Then the Lord opened the mouth of the donkey, and she said to Balaam, "What have I done to you, that you have struck me these three times?"

Observation: I don’t know how many times I have been Balaam in this story, I will be listening to God the best I know how and what ever I am riding keeps turning aside and I think I’m doing Gods work and something keep moving me from what I thought I should be doing. There are times where I have felt that things would be easier if I had a talking donkey to help me know when there are angels trying to protect me from myself.

Application: Just as Balaam needed the donkey to keep him from being struck down by the Angel of the Lord sometimes God uses bigger things to get our attention when we are not seeing into to spiritual detention where the Angels and Demons war. God often speaks though whispers but there are times when we are being stubborn when God will bring out the proverbial 2x4 and smack us to help us to see the blessings and provision he has for us. 


Prayer: Father, I stand in awe of you and seek to know you more and spend more time in your word. I thank you for all the ways you speak to us and sending you spirit to dwell in us so we can know you more. I thank you for your provisions and your blessings that you pour out on us each and every day. Lord I ask that you send us our own talking donkey to help us stay on your path. 

No comments:

Post a Comment