Wednesday, March 8, 2017

March 8th, 2017 Now you've done it?!?!!??!

Reading: Romans 15 and Exodus 34-35

Scripture: Exodus 34:1, The Lord said to Moses, "Cut for yourself two tablets of stone like the first, and I will write on the tablets the words that were on the first tablets, which you broke.”

Observation: I know that I have a tendency to throw things when I'm getting frustrated. Over the years I have gotten much better about it but I could easily see why when Moses came down and saw the them worshiping this golden calf just throwing them down and I would have screamed and yelled at them. 

Application: We don’t know how much time passed between when he broke the tablets and when God told him to make new ones. No matter if Moses had time to cool down for a few hours or days but then God comes and says in the morning have these new tablets ready. Moses had a short amount of time to with only hand tools to carve these tables. I know I have had to replace or repair the things I have broken and the hole time I’m there going what was I so stupid I will never do that again. As much as God loves us and wants us to be with him in heaven and has and will continue to forgive us but there is alway a consequence for Moses if was that he had to make the new tablets for us it could be a repair or replacement of something or a broken relationship that takes lots of time and work to repair.


Prayer: Father I love you and I stand amazed at how you love us. I thank you for your love, your provisions and the blessings you pour out on us each and every day. I come asking to help us to learn to control our anger and frustration and to release it in a way that honors your and does not lead us into sin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment