Sunday, March 19, 2017

March 17, 2017 Hey you do look that Old!?!?!?

Reading: John 8 and Leviticus 13

Scripture: John 8:58, Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am." 

Observation: This morning I don’t have anything really jump out at me saying this is what I needed to write about. This passage I like and enjoy the reminders that come from it. I have to admit that The Trinity is one of the hardest things for us humans to gasp, there are many analogies out there like The Trinity is like an egg. These analogies are the best way we have to explain. This passage is one of those times where The son used a term that was associated with the father to describe himself. Moses was told tell them “I Am sent you” and here Jesus said “before Abraham was, I Am.” All of the trinity, that is God was present in the beginning and each show up in different manifestations though the word. The book and movie The Shack shows the trinity as three people but there are times they act as the same entity and I thought this was an interesting depiction of Father Son and Holy Spirit. There are many times I need the reminder that God “IS”, he is not a “was.” It is easy to think of God as an abstract idea of a force from the past but He started it all, he has been here through all the ups and downs, and he will be here after we join him in heaven.


Prayer: Father you are so amazing and I stand in wonder before you. I thank you for thinking of me each and every day and that you love me enough to know the hairs on my head and collect every tear I cry. I thank you for the provisions and blessings you have for us each and every day. I ask that you help us to keep you in our hearts minds and on our lips. 

No comments:

Post a Comment