Thursday, March 2, 2017

March 2, 2017 Am I dishonorable???

Reading: Romans 9, Exodus 23 ,and Psalm 119:137-176

Scripture: Romans 9:21, Has the potter no right over the clay, to make out of the same lump one vessel for honorable use and another for dishonorable use? 

Musings: I’m not sure why this pops out to me almost every time I read it, maybe its because it sounds like God creates for dishonorable use. First thing this passage makes me feel like Am I made for dishonorable use? As I go back and start reading a little more closely to the context of this passage I start seeing the comparison to God showing mercy and hardening the hearts. It is so easy to look at something out of context and read the wrong things into it. As God was using Moses to bring his people out of Egypt God was showing mercy on Israel and hardening the hart of Pharaoh so that he could show his power and existence to the people of Israel. An interesting fact that in Egyptian history it has been discovered that after many hundreds maybe thousands of year of being Polytheistic (believing in many gods) there was this one Pharaoh after an event (possibly the plagues and exodus of Israel) changed their nation to a Monotheistic culture. What this passage and context I think is trying to say is whether God uses mercy, correction or a hardening of the heart his goal is alway to reveal himself to us so we can develop a relationship with him. God place us in the lives of others so that we can be a witness to the grace and mercy in our lives, as we do our part to reach out to others God will work on them in the arias they need. 


Prayer: Father it is amazing how through hardening and correction in the lives of others can bring about a belief. I thank you for offering us your mercy and correction and being sparing with the hardening. I thank you for your provisions and blessings in my life. I ask that you help us to be the light in this dark and lost world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment