Sunday, March 19, 2017

March 18, 2017 I can see Clearly Now!!!!

Reading: John 9 and Leviticus 14

Scripture: John 9:25, He answered, "Whether he is a sinner I do not know. One thing I do know, that though I was blind, now I see." 

Observation: Growing up in the church the word testimony scared the snot out of me. Not only do I have the fear of speaking in front of crowds as most people do I also was scared about what I should say or do during the times I would be asked to speak. I would also have that fear with praying in a group, I would think I would need to have these long eloquent prayers with thees that thous in them. 

Application: When it comes down to it I learned that God is not going to only listen to the King James prayers where it would be helpful to add a few marbles into your mouth when praying. The first language that God’s word was written in was Hebrew so if we were to need to pray in the original languages we would have to be in Hebrew, Aramaic, or Greek. God does not care how many times you say his name, he does not care what language you use, all he wants is for us to develop our relationship with him and talk to him. When it comes to our testimonies just like the blind man said, “One think I do know, that though I was blind , now I see.” All we need to do is say this is where God found me and this is what he has done in my life thus far and I am still a work in progress.


Prayer: Father I thank you for saving me and opening my eyes to the truth of your love and the gift of your forgiveness and eternal life. I thank you for the provisions you give us each day and the blessings you grant us. I ask you to help give us the boldness to tell our story and to pray every day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment