Monday, March 27, 2017

March 27, 2017 Thats not fair!!!!!!!

Reading: John 18 and Numbers 1

Scripture: Numbers 1:49-50, "Only the tribe of Levi you shall not list, and you shall not take a census of them among the people of Israel. But appoint the Levites over the tabernacle of the testimony, and over all its furnishings, and over all that belongs to it. They are to carry the tabernacle and all its furnishings, and they shall take care of it and shall camp around the tabernacle. 

Observation: I know that it is human nature to want what we don’t have or say things like “Why doesn’t he have to do this too?” So as each tribe and household came up and reported the number of men 20 years old and up to find over 600000 men who were of age for war. I would think there were some mom in those groups thinking why do my husband and sons need to be in this army and those Levites got out of it. 

Application: Just because we are not getting the think we think we need to have because others are getting is or thinking that it’s not fair that those people don’t have to participate in something. The levites as those in charge of the tabernacle and the ark they were not in the army but not being in the army my guess is they also didn’t get to go into the cities to take things after a battle and didn’t get portion of the land they got cities. To me this is a great reminder that God has different jobs for each of us and different compensations for that job. We are called to do what we are called to do and be good stewards of what we are given. 


Prayer: Father I thank you so much for having a job for me and the provisions and blessings you give us. You are so amazing and I fall to my knees before you and worship you. I ask that you help us to see that even though our jobs and pay can differ we are all working to your glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment