Wednesday, March 1, 2017

March 1, 2017 DADDY DADDY DADDY DADDY!!!!!!!

Reading: Romans 8, Exodus 22 and Psalm 119:97-136

Scripture: Romans 8:15, For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption as sons, by whom we cry, "Abba! Father!" 

Observation: This jumped out at me because of what I read yesterday about how slaves are to be teated.  

Application: Paul said that we have a spirit of slavery in that God is our master and with him as our master we don’t need to fear. Moreover we have been adopted as sons and daughters and we have the right to cry our to our Heavenly Father as Daddy. As a father it melts my heart when kids cry out for their daddy to come help them and this has given me another perspective on how God views us.


Prayer: Daddy I love you and I am in amazement of your great power and grace. I thank you for the provisions and blessings you pour out on us each day. I ask that you help us to have the correct perspective of you one of a loving father waiting to pick us up and hold us close when we fall but also one that will help us to stay on the correct path.  

No comments:

Post a Comment