Thursday, March 16, 2017

March 16, 2017 Snap Judgment

Reading: John 7 and Leviticus 11-12

Scripture: John 7:50-51, Nicodemus, who had gone to him before, and who was one of them, said to them, "Does our law judge a man without first giving him a hearing and learning what he does?"

Observation: Nicodemus being a Pharisee knew the law and after spending time with Jesus knew that he didn’t deserve death as so many religious people were calling for. Then he used his knowledge to try to convince those seeking his life that maybe they should sit down with him and learn what he is saying first before sentencing.

Application: I know I have the tendency to snap judgements. Just the other day for my job I had to go into a gentlemen’s club to replace a bar-gun. Later that night at a men’s group we were talking about the situation I was in and said, “I felt sorry for those girls most of them who get into that industry have something broken inside causing them to seek that attention.” What Nicodemus is saying before we judge some we truly need to know them and what motivates them before we say anything. I am lucky that I have the opportunity to go back when they are not open to do some more work and I will be praying over that building and the girls that work there. 


Prayer: Father, I love you so much and I thank you that you give me the opportunities be your light. I thank you for the provisions you have for us and the blessings you give us each day. I ask you to be with the young ladies of the adult entertainment industry, I ask that you touch them in a way only you can and help them to be drown to you. I claim the downfall of these den’s of debauchery though out my city, county, and state. I thank you for the focus you gave me during the business hours I was at this club to do the work needed and ask you help me to keep my eye strait ahead and not look to the left or the right. 

No comments:

Post a Comment