Thursday, February 9, 2017

February 9th, 2017 It's a twister, It's a twister!!!!!!

Reading: Acts 16 and Genesis 36

Scripture: Acts 16:25, About midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the prisoners were listening to them,

Observation: I don’t know if I would be singing hymns if I was thrown into prison. As much as I try to live a life of contentment, I want to be happy with the provisions and blessings that God pours out on me and my family. I know I would pray but most likely it would not be like Paul and Silas. 

Application: Paul all through out is time preaching was getting thrown in prison and jail. In it he knew that God was taking care of him and he was doing the Lords work where ever he was. Paul was able to Praise God even in the mist of the storms raging around him at times. We all have storms in our lives and like the song from Casting Crowns called “Praise You In This Storm” touched me and reminded me of the old Footprints poem that God is the one carries us.


Prayer: Father I am so in awe of how you are able to work all things for good, as we live in this broken world and fall from time to time you are able to bless our mistakes. I thank you for the provisions and blessings each and every day. I ask that you help me to be more content where you have me not matter if it’s for a time or long term. 

No comments:

Post a Comment