Friday, February 17, 2017

February 17, 2017 OK lets talk...

Reading: Acts 24, Genesis 50, Exodus 1 and Psalm 140

Scripture: Acts 24:26, At the same time he hoped that money would be given him by Paul. So he sent for him often and conversed with him. 

Observation: I know whenever I get into a situation I don’t like, my first inclination is to complain, and wine about how it’s not fare that I’m there. I think if I was Paul I would want to complain and wine about my current lot. When Felix held him he made it so that Paul’s friends and family could take care of him. Being that Paul had been a Pharisee and one that was sent out by the priests, and being a Roman citizen he probably was not a poor man. 

Application: Being that Paul was in prison I think back to other times the Word talks about Paul being in prison. The character of Paul in prison is just like it is out side of prison he would pray, praise and teach. Even though Felix was hopping that Paul would pay him to let him go or whatever Felix’s plan was over the next could years Paul had many occasions to teach Felix about Christ. We don’t always know how God is going to be using us. So just like Paul we need to be available for what ever situation God has for us no matter if it’s in prison like Paul or becoming a pastor in a mega church. 


Prayer: Father I am amazed how you are able to use me despite what I see as shortcomings and failures. I thank you for the provision and blessing you pour out on us each day. I ask that you help us to be open to the opportunities ahead and the help us to open our eyes to see those opportunities. 

No comments:

Post a Comment