Monday, February 6, 2017

February 6, 2017 I can't hear you!!!

Reading: Acts 13 and Genesis 31

Scripture: Acts 13:2, While they were worshiping the Lord and fasting, the Holy Spirit said, "Set apart for me Barnabas and Saul for the work to which I have called them."

Observation: I struggle with hearing the Holy Spirit. I want to hear him like I hear my wife and friends. I try to open myself up to hearing him each morning as I read God’s word and write my journal. There are times where something speaks to me in the word that I had not paid much attention to or had a new thought about a passage. I feel that those are urging and connections from the Holy Spirit. I hear people saying they heard the Holy Spirit and it’s hard to know if they are saying the heard it or had a feeling.

Application: As I fail to not get my reading time in or spend time writing getting what is going on down I don’t even give the Holy Spirit an opportunity to even give me a feeling let alone allow me too hear his voice. I need to even when my schedule goes sideways or its the weekend and I want to sleep in or play games I need to take time to get in the word spend time listening and not just constantly making noise. I need to find a way to have a quiet time with no distractions.


Prayer: Father I thank you for sending your Holy Spirit to us so that we have that connection to you through the Holy Spirit. I thank you that you provide all things and still want to pour out blessings on us each day. I ask that you help me to be observant to see opportunities to have the quiet time with you and to dig out that time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment