Wednesday, February 8, 2017

February 8th, 2017 You can't handle the yoke!!!

Reading: Acts 15 and Genesis 34-35

Scripture: Acts 15:10, Now, therefore, why are you putting God to the test by placing a yoke on the neck of the disciples that neither our fathers nor we have been able to bear? 

Observation: It is interesting that it appears to me that Paul who was Saul who was one of the men who studied the law approved of Steven’s stoning. A man who the Mosaic law was one of the most important things in his life here appears to be against making the Gentiles get circumcised and fallow the law and customs set our by Moses. Then came the point that even the most religious of them could not uphold the law why should we force these people who have never had to before to start trying now. 

Application: We are saved by grace and mercy not by the keeping of laws. We are not free to just do what ever you want but the commandment the Jesus laid out before us encompasses  everything that the law was working towards. We are to Love God and Love others like ourselves. First thing you have to understand is love is not a feeling it is not something you can fall in and out of, love is a verb it is something you do. I believe to love as God calls us to love, we need to think about ourselves less and focus on placing the needs of others above our own needs. 

Prayer: Father I Love you and I long to hear you. I am amazed at that mercy you pour out on us each day as we try to seek you. I thank you for the provisions you give us and blessing that you have for us each day. I ask you to help us to choose love more then we choose other things. Thank you for being a God of love and not of works because I know I could never work my way to eternity with you.


No comments:

Post a Comment