Wednesday, February 15, 2017

February 15, 2017 What Circle???

Reading: Acts 22 and Genesis 46-47

Scripture: Acts 22:3, I am a Jew, born in Tarsus in Cilicia, but brought up in this city, educated at the feet of Gamaliel according to the strict manner of the law of our fathers, being zealous for God as all of you are this day.

Observation: As Paul starts to tell is story or testimony as we call it today he starts with hey I'm just like you, here is where I was born and who my teacher was and boy was he strict. Paul was connection to them better the Peter and John in that he used to be one of them. It would be like a couple of dirty fishermen walking into a fortune 500 or larger companies executives meeting verses another companies CEO. Not that those fishermen may not be intelligent or have something good to say but the CEO holds respect.

Application: What Paul did was relate to them, and we are to do the same. I have a circle of influence in my life and you have a circle of influence our circles may or may not cross but there are going to be those I can because of my background and there will be those that you can reach that I can’t. We are all missionaries and emissaries for Christ Jesus to the world no matter if it’s very local to you or globally we all need to share our stories.


Prayer: Father I thank you that you give us opportunities to share your love though your gospel. I thank you each day for the blessings and provisions that you pour out on us and I ask that you open our eyes to the opportunities you place before us so we can go unto all the wold.

No comments:

Post a Comment