Thursday, February 23, 2017

February 23, 2017 Are we men or Mice?!?!?!

Reading: Romans 2 and Exodus 12-13 

Scripture: Romans 2:29, But a Jew is one inwardly, and circumcision is a matter of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the letter. His praise is not from man but from God.

Observation: As I was going though this passage about how the Jewish circumcision was worthless if they didn’t keep the law and how an uncircumcised man who keeps the law will be considered circumcised. In those days genealogy was extremely important and going though all the rules and regulations to keep the law (or appear to keep the law). A statistic that I came across was that something like 80% of Americans say they are Christians but out of that less then 20% of them attend  church regularly. It seems like they are only claiming Christian like it’s their heritage like German or Greek.

Application: I know that there are times where I act as the world acts and don’t always do what I should. We are called to Love one another, and I have seen Atheists being more loving then Christians. Being a Christian is not something you are born into but it is the choice to have faith and believe that Jesus is the Christ the Son of the Living God and he died for the remission of sin and to bring us into communion with God though the Holy Spirit. 

Prayer: Father You are so amazing, I stand in awe of the Love you have for us. I thank you for sending your Son to provide a way to know you. I also thank you for your provisions and blessings you pour out on us each day. I ask that you help us to not be like that Jews who would claim the law but would not practice it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment