Tuesday, February 7, 2017

February 7th, 2017 Who are you wrestling??

Reading: Acts 14 and Genesis 32-33

Scripture: Genesis 32:24, And Jacob was left alone. And a man wrestled with him until the breaking of the day. 

Observation: Almost every time I have heard this story and the applications of it, people talk about being vigilant and striving in the word and continually pray. These are great things to get out of this passage but as I was reading it this morning I thought this timing was interesting. Just after Jacob sent his wife and kids across the river being left alone he begins this wrestling match to be blessed. 

Application: I think in some ways I think that being alone is just as important as the fact that he wrestled with God. In this day and age with technology invading every portion of our lives it is so easy to get distracted when it’s time to spend time with God. So in todays world not only do we need to get away like Jesus did but I think that includes our electronic devices. I think that electronic devices can be good but also can be a great distraction from God. So when it comes to our time with God we need to set ourselves away from all distractions to focus on God and his word. 


Prayer: Father, I thank you for sending your Son and Holy Spirit to save us and give us conviction when we are in the wrong. I thank you for your provisions and blessings that you give us each and every day. I ask that help us to remove all distractions as we spend time seeking you and spending time with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment