Sunday, April 24, 2022

Words in our heart.

Reading: Deuteronomy 11-13 and 2 Corinthians 9

Scripture: Deuteronomy 11:18, You shall therefore lay up these words of mine in your heart and in your soul, and you shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes. 

Thoughts: The Israelite people were being reminded about that they need to keep God’s word in the forefront of their hearts and minds and not to chase after those things that those people whom they are to be removing from the land chase after. We have to do the same we may not be removing people groups from a promised land but we are in a battle for our lives and the lives of our families. The idols of this world are constantly creeping into our lives and seeking to take the place of honor in our hearts. How are we keeping our focus on the one true King instead of allowing ourselves to chase after the next new and shiny thing? 

Prayer: Lord God, you are the creator of all things, you own the cattle on a thousand hills, and your love overwhelms me. You are so wonderful, I thank you that you are working in me, that you have a place in your plan that I can work. I thank you for the breakthrough that you are doing and have done, the continued molding and refining in my life. I ask that you continue to remove the dross of my life so that I can better reflect you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment