Thursday, April 21, 2022

Complaints???

Reading: Deuteronomy 5-6, Psalm 64, and 2 Corinthians 6

Scripture: Psalm 64:1-3, Hear my voice, O God, in my complaint; preserve my life from dread of the enemy. Hide me from the secret plots of the wicked, from the throng of evildoers, who whet their tongues like swords, who aim bitter words like arrows,

Thoughts: At different times in my life I know that I have had wrong views of God. We have a God that loves us enough that he sent his Son, a portion of himself, to come to earth to overcome sin so that we could have the opportunity to accept that gift and be in relationship with him. There were times where I felt that the only way to talk to God was praise and worship and the occasional help request. Here in this Psalm it is David crying out to God in a complaint. God is a big God and he tells us in Matthew 11:28-30, “Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.” We can complain to God, but we also need to praise him in the middle of the storm as well. 

Prayer: Hear me O God, I am tired and weary, and feel lost. You are the creator of all things and your love endures forever. I thank you that you are molding me and refining me. I thank you that you are leading and guiding me. I ask that you give me the strength to overcome the trials that I’m going through, help me to be the father and husband you call me to be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment