Monday, April 4, 2022

Reading: Numbers 11-12, Psalm 148, and 1 Corinthians 4

Scripture: 1 Corinthians 4:8, I have applied all these things to myself and Apollos for your benefit, brothers, that you may learn by us not to go beyond what is written, that none of you may be puffed up in favor of one against another.

Thoughts:Not knowing all the questions and issues that caused the writing of this letter from Paul to the church at Corinth, all we get is the rebukes and corrections from someone that describes himself as a loving father in the faith. Earlier he was telling them not to argue over who taught them or who baptized them but to focus on what is written and not to go beyond the scripture. I have seen and heard of traditions in a church that got to the point of the tradition being just as important as the gospel. We start having issues when we speak where the word of God is silent and remaining silent where the word calls us to speak. May Holy Spirit fill us with discernment, cover us with wisdom and help us to overcome these things that even Paul placed the burden upon himself, Apollos, and all the believers. 

Prayer: Father God, I thank you for your word, the inspiration that you give to those who have written scripture and the revelations and discernment that you give us today. I thank you that you are leading us that you have a plan that we can be apart of. I thank you that you that you are leading and guiding us. I thank you that you are molding and refining me. Help me to remove the parts of my foundation that cause issues and replace them with things that reflect you and help me to be that father and husband you call me to be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment