Sunday, April 17, 2022

That lot shall be his!!

Reading: Numbers 33, Psalm 65, and 2 Corinthians 2

Scripture: Numbers 33:54, You shall inherit the land by lot according to your clans. To a large tribe you shall give a large inheritance, and to a small tribe you shall give a small inheritance. Wherever the lot falls for anyone, that shall be his. According to the tribes of your fathers you shall inherit. 

Thoughts: I was drawn to the second to last sentence of this passage in Numbers, it is easy to look at the abundance of others, or our perception of abundance. In the USA we typically view abundance as more than we have, many nations view the poor here as rich. We each have a different perspective on where that abundance line is, but we each have a lot that was granted to us large or small. God has given it to us and he can adjust what he gave us. 

Prayer: Lord God, you own it all, you lead us and guide us, you pour out you peace and joy on us. I thank you for that which you gave me to steward. I thank you that you are molding me and growing me, I ask that you continue to refine me help me of remove the dross in my life and be purified. 

No comments:

Post a Comment