Monday, April 25, 2022

Who's Doorpost?

Reading: Deuteronomy 14-15, Psalm 88, and 2 Corinthians 10

Scripture: Deuteronomy 15:16-17, But if he says to you, ‘I will not go out from you,’ because he loves you and your household, since he is well-off with you, then you shall take an awl, and put it through his ear into the door, and he shall be your slave forever. And to your female slave you shall do the same.

Thoughts: This passage is interesting; it speaks to that if someone was poor enough to become a slave that they could be release and return to their old life. Yet if they chose to remain in the master’s service because they love him and are well off this him, they can. We are in debt to God so much that nothing we could do could pay it back. When Jesus died and rose again, he bought us and paid the price. Are we given the opportunity to go with the new master who is offering a life of great abundance or the life we knew full of lies and destruction? When we choose, we are placing our ear on the doorpost that our master can pierce it to show our devotion to the one we serve. Who’s doorpost are we going to?

Prayer: Father God, you are the one I serve, you are the one who is worthy of all praise and worship. You are my strength and you are the light to my path. I thank you for the provisions and blessings that you have poured out me and I thank you for the opportunity and ability to steward what you have given me. I ask for your guidance and direction with where we are going and how to move forward? 

No comments:

Post a Comment