Saturday, October 27, 2018

October 26th Kryptonite 9


Reading: Jeremiah 19-20, Psalm 146, Acts 27, and Killing Kryptonite Chapter 9

Thoughts: Just as Israel was in a Covenant with God so are we. This covenant between us and God make us his bride. Most people and I pray All those who put on the mantel of Christian see a marriage as a fully committed relationship with their spouse. Are we as committed to God as we are wife or husband. Sadly enough for many the answer is no. We are cheating on God through our putting things before God. 

To encourage myself to give my all to God and not cheat on my Heavenly Father I try to set aside time first thing in the morning to spend with him. I will get up and get dressed and make coffee for my wife and I then sit down and read the word together before journaling. With 2 and 4 year old deciding to get up at that time too sometimes does interfere. We do our best to integrate our kids into our time with God and/or do it in spite of the thing going on. I serve at the church and I look for ways that I can do my job in a way that I a serve my customers in their repairs they need I will show God’s love. I Pray that all the work I do would glorify God. The best way for me to not Cheat on God is to spend more time speaking with him and directing my attention onto him. 

Prayer: Father, your great and wondrous love pours out so deeply in our lives. I thank you for the provisions and blessing you pour out on us each day. I ask you to help me to keep you on my mind and seek you. I ask you to touch those around me and help me to have the boldness to go and the ability to hear when you send me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment