Monday, October 22, 2018

October 22nd Kryptonite 5


Reading: Jeremiah 11-12, Psalm 97, Acts 23, Killing Kryptonite Chapter 5

Scripture: Jeremiah 12:5, If you have raced with men on foot, and they have wearied you, how will you compete with horses? And if in a safe land you are so trusting, what will you do in the thicket of the Jordan?

Thoughts: At the end of chapter five John asks us, What legacy do you want to leave to future generations? How do you want to be remembered on earth, and how do you want to be known in heaven? As I was reading the Word before going into this chapter of Killing Kryptonite the verse above stood out to me first because of a teaching Levi Lusko on that verse about training for the trials we are not yet in. Now coming together with John’s teaching on being the change and what do we want our legacy to be, opens my eyes more to the how the Word of God is Alive and sharper then a double edged sword. We are called to run with horses our legacy we shine into the lives of our children and those we touch with our lives will be determined by how we train for what is ahead. The legacy I want is my children (I include those I get the privilege to teach) to be stronger, more on fire, and zealous for the Lord then I have been. I want the world to know the love of God that I get to reflect and in heaven I long to be a Mirror I want when someone to look at me all they see is the Father. 

Prayer: Lord I thank you for the great blessing you pour out each day, for the Love and Mercy you show me each day as I fall. I ask that you help me to see the places I need work and help me to take each step needed to overcome those things that I still struggle with and set me free from the things that I don’t need in my life. Polish this vessel so that all who see me see you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment