Saturday, October 20, 2018

October 20th Kryptonite 3


Reading: Jeremiah 7-8 Acts 21, and Killing Kryptonite Chapter 3

Scripture: Jeremiah 7:9-10, “Will you steal, murder, commit adultery, swear falsely, make offerings to Baal, and go after other gods that you have not known, and then come and stand before me in this house, which is called by my name, and say, 'We are delivered!'—only to go on doing all these abominations?

Jeremiah 7:23, But this command I gave them: 'Obey my voice, and I will be your God, and you shall be my people. And walk in all the way that I command you, that it may be well with you.’

Jeremiah 8:12, Were they ashamed when they committed abomination? No, they were not at all ashamed; they did not know how to blush. Therefore they shall fall among the fallen; when I punish them, they shall be overthrown, says the Lord.

Thoughts: As I have been going though the journey of Killing Kryptonite after going through the book a couple times there are many things standing out in each chapter but it has also gotten me to focus on the Word with that lens on. That may be why the Prophets are standing out for me at this time. In the Old Testament Israel was commanded to stone or cut off those who have committed sins and would not repent, Paul tells us basically to do the same telling us to treat them as unbelievers. Jeremiah in the verses above was warning Israel and sharing with them what God was looking for. A warning about having habitual sin in our lives, church, and country wail we say everything is on because I know God or I have grace. But what God is looking for is Availability and Obedience. 

Im going to leave you with a Quote from Killing Kryptonite “Perhaps you have seen the movie Gladiator and remember hearing General Maximus shout, “Stay together! As one!” and you saw the victories that strategy brought. It’s no secret that the most effective military strategy
is divide and conquer.” We are Called to be ONE in the body of Christ. 

No comments:

Post a Comment