Friday, October 19, 2018

October 19th Kryptonite 2


Reading: Jeremiah 5-6, Acts 20 and Killing Kryptonite Chapter 2

Scripture: Jer 6:16, Thus says the Lord: "Stand by the roads, and look, and ask for the ancient paths, where the good way is; and walk in it, and find rest for your souls. But they said, 'We will not walk in it.’

Thoughts: Remember, you are called by this declaration, “As He is, so are we in this world” (1 John 4:17 NKJV). You are called by God to live as Jesus in your life right now, not someday in the next life. How does that reframe the way you think about your daily life? Perhaps you wouldn’t have thought of yourself as weak before understanding your potential in Christ, but now that you do, would you consider yourself weak or strong? If weak, you’ve assessed wisely. For God says that His power works best in our weakness (see 2 Corinthians 12:9).

I grew up with the idea and thought that I was just a sinner and it was just my belief in God and the death and resurrection of Jesus that allowed me access to heaven when I died. I don’t know if this was due to a lack of understanding, lack of teaching of biblical truth and understandings, or I just wanted to think what I am doing is covered. Over the last few years being in a church who teaches these things and truly disciples those who are seeking my eyes have been opened to new understandings. Understanding that we are called to be “As He is” was no surprise but walking in it has been a struggle. Not only have I been reframing my thoughts on my daily life but also what power and authority God has created us to walk in. I have been coming to the understanding that it is not my power that I do anything, it is only though His power and His strength that I get though the day. I thank God for the strength to make it through the day. 

The scripture in Jeremiah 6 speaks to this teaching of the Kryptonite that comes into our lives. God says to, "Stand by the roads, and look, and ask for the ancient paths, where the good way is; and walk in it, and find rest for your souls.” Go walk in the good way and you will have rest, but how often like me when younger and still sometimes now do I say, “I will not walk in it.” Far to many God wants us to come together and to walk in his power. 

No comments:

Post a Comment