Wednesday, June 28, 2017

June 28, 2017 Help me love

Reading: 2 Timothy 3 and 2 Samuel 13-14

Scripture: 2 Timothy 3:2-5, For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not loving good, treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having the appearance of godliness, but denying its power. Avoid such people.

Observation: With the anger that I let loose the other day and the way I was making a fool of myself there are several of these things in this list that I know I have exhibited. Then here at the end it says to avoid suck people and I start to think I don’t want to be someone avoided. Yes I do have to admit that it is nice when I have a break from people and I can do things my way and not worry about how others see my process or if they thing I’m doing wrong, but I don’t want to be avoided. 

Application: As I seek help thru the programs at church and outside church if needed I also know that the only way to battle this is with God’s love and with the help of the Holy Spirit. God has shown us the way thru Jesus and his example is Love.  


Prayer: Father you are so wonderful and I thank you that you love me even though I fall down and fail at showing your love. I ask for a fresh infusion of your love and your grace, Help me to let go of the anger and find the place of peace where I can reside with you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment