Monday, June 19, 2017

June 19, 2017 Every day is a new day

Reading: Matthew 27, 2 Samuel 4 and Psalm 22

I have struggled this last week to be in the word I have not been reading, I have not been seeking God thru every thing that my family and I have been going thru. We struggle with money with medical things and thru everything I have been trying to hold it together. Over the last few days we celebrated my sister-in-law’s birthday and due to a misunderstanding in front of my wife’s family on our way home I let my temper get the best of me. I screamed and shouted and used foul language and my children were in the car with us. 

Then it was fathers day service at church and the guest speaker talked to us about the fathers faithfulness to us. After that I taught about submission and obedience to God’s will and how he lead Israel with the pillar of fire and cloud. Now it seems appropriate that todays reading is the crucifixion and the final act to instate this new Blood Covenant between God and man. Being a father and knowing how I feel about my children and how I want to protect them and do anything for them I get a small glimpse into what God felt for his son on that day 2000 years ago and a glimpse of how he feels about each one of us. 

Knowing what a fathers love feels like from both sides. Coming to the crucifixion after everything I have been going though reminds me through Christ Jesus I have been washed clean in God’s eyes but I still have to work with those around me and seek help to get things under control. When I place my tattoo of the Chinese symbols that mean Self-control on my wrist so that I would see it and the scripture of 1 Thessalonians 4:4 as a reminder that I need to keep control over my own body, there were other things that I was thinking about at the time but it applies to all sorts of aspects in my life. 


Prayer: Father I thank you for sending your some to minister to the world and ultimately setting us free. I am amazed by the love you have for us. I also thank you for the daily provisions and blessings you have for each of us. I ask that you help us to see the portions of our lives where we need help and to seek the help we need thru you and your workers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment