Friday, June 23, 2017

June 20, 2017 Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Reading: Matthew 28, 1 Chronicles 12 and Psalm 37

Scripture: Matthew 28:13, and said, "Tell people, 'His disciples came by night and stole him away while we were asleep.' 

Observation: These guards were there to see the angels role the stone away and see these women show up at an empty tomb, I don’t know if they saw Jesus walk our on his own accord or if the tomb was empty and it was just opened to prove to the disciples he is not in here. Then they were told by the priests and elders what happened they were paid off. How often do we choose to keep quiet about our faith or say something that we know is not the truth to save us from embarrassment or to keep from getting in trouble.  

Application: I know I struggle with speaking up about things when (what appears to be) every one else is doing or saying the same thing. God has called us to be a reflection of him to the world, to shine his love all around and lift him up. I know that in my day to day I struggle between being a apostle (sent one) and being one of the guards that was paid off to say “I fell asleep on the job and they got past me to steal the body of this guy we killed”


Prayer: Father You are so amazing I long to rest in your presence. I thank you for your son and the sacrifice he made on the cross and the provisions and blessings your pour out on us each day. Help me to speak the truth and to speak it in love and kindness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment