Monday, June 5, 2017

June 5, 2017 Water Water

Reading: Matthew 13, 1 Samuel 22 and Psalms 52, 57, 63 and 142

Scripture: Psalm 63:1, O God, you are my God; earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you; my flesh faints for you, as in a dry and weary land where there is no water.

Observation: As King Saul searched for David, he (David) seemed to spend a lot of time hiding and writing Psalms. Knowing many musicians that is part of the way they process things that are going on around them. David was trying to figure our what was going on and how to deal with this situation of being hunted by a man he served faithfully for years and how this fit into God’s plan.

Application: In many ways we are just like David we are trying to figure out what is going on around us, but many of us take the fork in the road that leads to blaming God for something that may be our own fault. I have found myself walking into a desert and then asking God why am I thirsty or blaming him because I’m thirsty. David has the correct mindset in knowing in whom he trusts and seeking him, we need to hunger and thirst after God as if we have not eaten or drunk anything in weeks, seek God as if our lives depend on it and he will fulfill every need we could ever have and give us the strength and wisdom to overcome every obstacle as long as we seek him first. 


Prayer: Father you are so wonderful and you take care of us even when we don’t deserve it. Thank you for your provisions and blessings that you are pouring out on us each day. I long to stand in awe before you forever. I ask that you help us to seek you first in our live, help us to set our priorities with you at the top of the list. 

No comments:

Post a Comment