Tuesday, June 6, 2017

June 6th, 2017 One word all I need is one little word

Reading: Matthew 14, 1 Samuel 23-24 and Psalm 54

Scripture: Matthew 14:29, He said, "Come." So Peter got out of the boat and walked on the water and came to Jesus.

Observation: Peter has so many great wins that come just before his spectacular fails. I feel like that is me all over that place, I will have a great moment of faith praying for healing or casting our demons, then the next day or even within that hour do something stupid. I have heard so many sermons that use this account of Peter walking on the water and focus on the “why did you doubt”

Application: I want the faith of peter, as everyone was sitting there in the boat debating on if that was actually Jesus or if it was the ghost they though it was, Peter said, if thats you call me out there. On one word “come” Peter walked on the water to Jesus. Nothing says that he slowly tested to see if he could stand on the water before going out to him it just said he got out of the boat and walked on the water. Sure when the things around him distracted him or got him to loose focus on Jesus he started to sink, but he still did it and with Jesus’ help he had to have walked back to the boat. 

I want to have the faith to on one word to jump out of this boat that I've been hanging so tightly to and run to what ever God has called me to. I struggle with that I know that he will give me what ever is needed to step into whatever I'm called to, but just like Peter I sick my head where it does not belong but I want to be able to step out one that one word.


Prayer: Father you are a Good Good Father and I am so blessed that you call me your son. I thank you for your provisions and blessings in my life. I thank you for my wife and children and I place them all in your hands. I ask that you help me to hear that one word and to respond to that one word to your glory and your honor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment