Sunday, July 9, 2017

July 9, 2017 All to you

Reading: Hebrews 6, 1 Kings 4 and Psalm 9

Scripture: Psalm 9:1-2 I will give thanks to the Lord with my whole heart; I will recount all of your wonderful deeds. I will be glad and exult in you; I will sing praise to your name, O Most High.

Over this last few weeks I have let things get the better of me and because of that I let changes get me to put my devotions and my time with God on the back burner. Part of what happened was me losing my temper and not breaking but helping my laptop to fell its age and reminded me that it needed replacing. We don’t currently have the funds to replace it so I am developing new was to do my devotions. I know that I have gotten into this rut of being good about doing them in the mornings on my own during the week and failing a little on the weekends, but my wife had been struggling to find a time to do them being tired from being a mother of a 2.5 year old and a 6 month old and working full time. 

Today we are trying to start the process of reading and going over the readings each day together after we get the kids to bed. As a man who grew up being taught that having a temper is ok by watching a father who has a temper. I am grateful that I also was raised to not to hit people that I don’t have that tendency but my outburst are just as painful to my wife and children with words and actions. 

Todays reading in Psalms was a reminder that as we have been struggling with adjusting to the new normal of having two kids, having a computer that is in a bit of an inconvenient location and not being able to do thing the way I was used to doing them. I need to focus on giving thanks for what I have, share the blessings and great deeds that I have see God do in my life and in the lives of those around me. The last section of this passage is why I love worship I want to sing the praises of his name and point to God in a way that I feel that I am good at.


Prayer: Father I thank you for all you have done for me, you provide all we need and pour out blessings even when we don’t feel that we deserve it. I thank you for my wife and children and I place them in your hands. They are yours and I thank you for the stewardship of them and I pray that I will point them to you every day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment