Monday, July 24, 2017

July 24, 2017 There is nothing good in me

Reading: 1 Peter 3, Proverbs 18-19 and Psalm 16

Scripture: Psalm 16:1-2, Preserve me, O God, for in you I take refuge. I say to the Lord, "You are my Lord; I have no good apart from you."

Observation: I feel like I understand David a little in this Psalm, David is crying out “God save me”, I don’t know how often I feel I am crying that our myself. After crying out for help he says “you are the only one who can save me. Here I feel most connected to what David is saying, I am a bag of poop without you. 

Application: God has called us all into his love, grace and mercy, even though we are a bag of poop God has a plan for us and we just need to walk in it. 


Prayer: Father I long to walk in your grace and mercy. I thank you that you sent your son to die on the cross to cover our sins. Lord I ask that you help me to hear your voice and seek your will in my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment