Tuesday, July 11, 2017

July 11, 2017 It's only a shadow

Reading: Hebrews 8, 1 Kings 7 and 2 Chronicles 4

Scripture: Hebrews 8:5, They serve a copy and shadow of the heavenly things. For when Moses was about to erect the tent, he was instructed by God, saying, "See that you make everything according to the pattern that was shown you on the mountain." 

Observation: Tonight during the reading about how the Temple was built and furnished, my wife and I started discussing how wonderful it would be to see the temple just after it was finished. I have always hoped that when we get to heaven that we would be able to see things like the temple or watch some sort of holy DVR to go and watch some of these things we have read about in the word, things like the 10 plagues crossing the Red Sea or sit and listen to Jesus teach. Then the Holy Spirit remained me of this scripture in Hebrews, and I said but we are going to be in the Heavenly Temple when we get there this Temple as grand as Salomon made it, it was still only a shadow of what is in Heaven. 

We have been shown these shadows and given these accounts of what happened back then, to point us to the glory and majesty of God and what he has for us. Through Christ we have been made citizens of heaven and hears with him. We are resident aliens here on earth and we need to live our lives in honor of where we are from.

Prayer: Father you are so wonderful, I stand in awe of how you can cause one little comment lead to a better understanding. I thank you for all that you do for us I thank you for my family and the provisions you give us each day and the blessings you pour out on us. I ask that you help me to continue to gain a better understanding you and to live as a citizen of heaven. 


No comments:

Post a Comment