Monday, July 10, 2017

July 10, 2017 Can We Build It

Reading: Hebrews 7, 1 Kings 5-6 and 2 Chronicles 2-3

Scripture: 1 Kings 5:3  You know that David my father could not build a house for the name of the Lord his God because of the warfare with which his enemies surrounded him, until the Lord put them under the soles of his feet.

Observation: I know that so often I think, “I want to do this and that and this thing over here” and even when it something that would (in my eyes) benefit the Church or could bring people to know the Father and then when I start trying to pursue it I fall on my face or there are insurmountable obstacles that keep me from doing it. 

Application: God has a plan for all of us, some of us are great warriors, David was the warrior king, poet and psalmist. Because of his history of war God told him that he could not build the temple, his son who would be king after him would build it. Some of us are Davids, we are the Warriors who are out battling and some of us are Solomons who are charged with building the temple. We may be laying the ground work for our children or we could be the ones to start the work. As we seek God’s plan in our lives it will almost never look like what we think it should but it will fit into God’s painting much better if we listen to his plan.


Prayer: Father you are so amazing I long to sit in your lap and gaze into your glory. I thank you for your provisions in my life, you give us all we need and bless us beyond our understanding. I ask that you help me to see your plan and to help me to prepare the way for my children as I build what you have called me to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment