Monday, July 24, 2017

July 21, 2017 Man I can be so stupid.

Reading: James 5, Proverbs 12-13 and Psalm 149

Scripture: Proverbs 12:1,  Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge, but he who hates reproof is stupid.

Observation: Over the last few weeks I have been dealing with this myself, I have been allowing discipline and exhortation in my life. I grew up angry and a bit of a rage monster, I could identify with the Hulk on that. Within that rage that would build until I exploded, I would also not listen to anyone who would tell me I was in the wrong or that I was hurting people even though I never touched anyone in anger. I grew up thinking that lashing out with words or hitting objects was ok. 

Application: I was stupid, I thought that I was ok and didn't need to change and I know that looking back, one of my marriages may have ended because of this hatred of being corrected. Im not perfect by any stretch of the imagination but through the grace of God and the gathering of men to help hold me accountable God is working on healing my life. Be open to correction, God’s correction will leave a lasting mark for the better.


Prayer: Father I stand amazed that you love me enough to correct me even when I don’t want to listen. I thank you for your blessings and your daily provisions. I ask that you help me listen to your corrections and to seek you and your will and lay down the chains that you have broken in our lives but we keep picking them back up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment