Monday, April 29, 2024

What are we doing or saying we should do?

Reading: Deuteronomy 25-27 and Galatians 2

 

Scripture: Galatians 2:14 But when I saw that their conduct was not in step with the truth of the gospel, I said to Cephas before them all, “If you, though a Jew, live like a Gentile and not like a Jew, how can you force the Gentiles to live like Jews?”

 

Thoughts: We have been given great freedom in Christ, no matter what our background is Jew or Gentile. Just as Cephas(Peter) is being called out about not living by the rules or traditions that he was calling out others to do, we have a tendency to do the same thing. We are calling out a sin in someone’s life as we sit there with that same sin in our lives. It is easy to sit up on our tower and point out all the things wrong with others as we try to hide our own issues. Paul may have been calling out Peter for doing one thing and saying another but he came to him with a humble heart he has aired his laundry he had talked about watching Steven get stoned, tracking down Christians to have them brought to trial. He calls himself the chief of sinners. Are we praising God for what he brought us out of and pointing to what He is doing in our lives? When we speak to others let us encourage and lift them up not tear them down. We are not going to beat someone into heaven. We need to love as God loves and seek God’s heart for the world around us.

 

Prayer: Father God, your ways are higher than my ways, your knowledge far exceeds anything I could think. I fall on my face and seek you and your glory in my life. I ask you to reveal to me my insufficiencies. Help me to walk in your way and in our light. I thank you for the opportunities to seek you and share what you are doing in my life. I ask that you help me to be the light to this world and walk beside those who are struggling so that I can help them up and not condemn them when they fall. Help us to remember where you brought us out and the work you are still doing in our lives. Help me to overcome the sins I have and that you have washed clean.


No comments:

Post a Comment