Tuesday, April 30, 2024

Do I fit in the All being blessed?

Reading: Deuteronomy 28 and Galatians 3

 

Scripture: Galatians 3:7-8 Know then that it is those of faith who are the sons of Abraham. And the Scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel beforehand to Abraham, saying, “In you shall all the nations be blessed.”

 

Thoughts: As I read this passage, I got the reminder that not only do we need to remember what God saved us from but also who we have become when we chose to follow Jesus. Yes, we have a past and it has been washed clean by the blood of Christ. With the acceptance of the washing those sins are washed clean and set as far as the East is from the West, we are to no longer dwell on that past. This passage speaks of the adoption into the family of God. God made a promise to Abraham that his descendants would be like the stars in the sky yet he had two sons. Even coming out of Egypt there were 600,000 men meaning probably about 2 million people walked out of Egypt. Still, a number that can be counted. We are now grafted in and adopted into God’s family made co-hair with Christ. We need to remember what we were saved from and who we became. We are sons and daughters of the one true King.

 

Prayer: Father God, you are so wonderful, and your mercy abounds. I thank you that you have called me and adopted me into your family. I thank you that when you called me you cleansed me and called me to strive for a closer relationship with you. I thank you that you are refining me and molding me into the man I am meant to be. I and that you help me to continue to release the things in my past that are not who I am. I ask you to help me to love as you love, and be a good steward of the blessings in my life. I pray that I may be a light to this world to share your love and mercy with this broken and messed up world.


No comments:

Post a Comment