Monday, April 8, 2024

Are you separating yourself?

Reading: Numbers 16 and 1 Corinthians 7

 

Scripture: Numbers 16:27-28 So they got away from the dwelling of Korah, Dathan, and Abiram. And Dathan and Abiram came out and stood at the door of their tents, together with their wives, their sons, and their little ones. And Moses said, “Hereby you shall know that the Lord has sent me to do all these works, and that it has not been of my own accord.

 

Thoughts: A little leaven leavens the whole lump. God reminds us that we are to separate ourselves from the sinfulness of the world. Here in Numbers, we see where a group comes to Moses saying that they are worthy to be in the presence of God. After God shows who He chose to be the priest, He has Moses separate these men from the rest of Israel. When we find a sin in our midst we are to separate ourselves from it. Yes, there is forgiveness and reconciliation but until that person comes to the point of seeking that forgiveness we are to treat them as unbelievers, not shunning them or turning our backs on them but sharing God’s love and calling them back. Is there a sin in your life that needs to be confessed and to seek forgiveness for? 

 

Prayer: Father God you are worthy of all praise. I long to love as you love. I thank you for calling me out of my sins and offering your mercy and grace. I thank you for the continued sanctification that you are working in me. Help me to overcome the sins that continue to try to gain a foothold, help me to see and understand the calling you have put on my life. Lead me and guide me every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment