Monday, April 1, 2024

Getting Lost in the Mix

Over the last few weeks I have let my life get a little out of hand. I have been keeping up with my reading and normally there is a vers that stands out to me for one reason or another, yet here I am with the weeks leading up to Easter with nothing written. I let the business of work family and even TV get in the way of making time for God. My disciplines that I had developed in the discipleship classes that I have taken have gone out the window. God is calling me back into those disciplines, getting in the Word, journaling, and taking time to pray every day. It is easy to let many of those fall by the wayside as things change. My family has change that we will be working through for the next year and I pray that I can set these disciplines more firmly at the core of my relationship with God. Here is what I have been reading and the passages that have stood out to me. Seek God and dive deep into his Word 


March 19

 

Reading: Leviticus 16-17 and John 11

 

Scripture: John 11:37 But some of them said, “Could not he who opened the eyes of the blind man also have kept this man from dying?”


March 20

 

Reading: Leviticus 18-19 and John 12

 

Scripture: John 12:27 Now is my soul troubled. And what shall I say? ‘Father, save me from this hour’? But for this purpose I have come to this hour.

 

March 21

 

Reading: Leviticus 20-21 and John 13

 

Scripture: John 13:34 A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.


March 22

 

Reading: Leviticus 22-23 and John 14

 

Scripture: John 14:31 but I do as the Father has commanded me, so that the world may know that I love the Father. Rise, let us go from here.


March 23

 

Reading: Leviticus 24-25 and John 15

 

Scripture: John 15:15 No longer do I call you servants, for the servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all that I have heard from my Father I have made known to you.


March 24

 

Reading: Leviticus 26, Psalm 12, and John 16

 

Scripture: Leviticus 26:42 But the land shall be abandoned by them and enjoy its Sabbaths while it lies desolate without them, and they shall make amends for their iniquity, because they spurned my rules and their soul abhorred my statutes.


March 25

 

Reading: Leviticus 27, Psalm 136, and John 17

 

Scripture: Psalm 136:7 to him who made the great lights, for his steadfast love endures forever;


March 26

 

Reading: Numbers 1 and John 18

 

Scripture: John 18:38 Pilate said to him, “What is truth?” After he had said this, he went back outside to the Jews and told them, “I find no guilt in him.

 

March 27

 

Reading: Numbers 2, Psalm 46, and John 19


March 28

 

Reading: Numbers 3, Psalm 67, and John 20

 

Scripture: John 20:22-23 And when he had said this, he breathed on them and said to them, “Receive the Holy Spirit. If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven them; if you withhold forgiveness from any, it is withheld.”

 

March 29

 

Reading: Numbers 4, Psalm 21, and John 21

 

Scripture: Numbers 4:5 When the camp is to set out, Aaron and his sons shall go in and take down the veil of the screen and cover the ark of the testimony with it.

 

March 30

 

Reading: Numbers 5-6 and 1 Corinthians 1

 

Scripture: 1 Corinthians 1:20 Where is the one who is wise? Where is the scribe? Where is the debater of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world?

 

March 31

 

Reading: Numbers 7 and 1 Corinthians 2


April 1

 

Reading: Numbers 8-10 and 1 Corinthians 3

 

Scripture: Numbers 10:35-36 And whenever the ark set out, Moses said, “Arise, O Lord, and let your enemies be scattered, and let those who hate you flee before you.” And when it rested, he said, “Return, O Lord, to the ten thousand thousands of Israel.”

No comments:

Post a Comment