Sunday, April 7, 2024

Going my own way?!?!

Reading: Numbers 13-14, Psalm 81, and 1 Corinthians 5

 

Scripture: Number 14:44 But they presumed to go up to the heights of the hill country, although neither the ark of the covenant of the Lord nor Moses departed out of the camp.

 

Thoughts: I find it far too easy to do what I want to do than to do what others want to do. That almost goes up a hundred times when it comes to things God wants me to do. We by nature are selfish beings. We want our needs and desires filled before someone else gets theirs. If you don’t believe me that it is human nature to be selfish just look at a baby or young children. They have a need and they scream and cry until it is resolved then when kids start playing with others one of the most common things you hear is mine or something similar. We don’t want to share or give up things. After the 12 spies returned to Moses, they were afraid of what would happen if they went to take the nation. Then these warriors decided without God’s blessing or presence they would try to take this land. Even though there may be some of God’s plan in what you are striving for has He told you not now or just plain no. Open our ears to hear and our eyes to see when God changes the plan after we stop listening because of fear. 

 

Prayer: Father God. You are worthy of all praise. I sit at your feet and seek your glory. Thank you that you are calling us. I thank you that there is a plan and that even in my ignorance and arrogance you can still bring forth your plan. I thank you that you can use me even when I fall on my face. I ask that you help me to cast out all fear and abide in your love. I ask for discernment to see when I take a wrong turn. Lead me and guide me in all your ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment