Tuesday, April 2, 2024

Follow your own Counsel?!?!

Reading: Numbers 11-12, Psalm 148, and 1 Corinthians 4

 

Scripture: Numbers 11:33 While the meat was yet between their teeth, before it was consumed, the anger of the Lord was kindled against the people, and the Lord struck down the people with a very great plague.

 

Thoughts: How often do we let something little into our lives and before we know it things are out of balance, something that on its own is not an issue but has become something that we are finding shame in. For instance, social media can be a great tool for connecting family and friends who are no longer living near one another, but I have found myself sitting and scrolling the feeds of Facebook and Instagram. Because of things I have heard I have avoided some of the other communities. Psalm 81:12 says it this way “So I gave them over to their stubborn hearts, to follow their own counsels.” If we are chasing after things that are not pointing to God, we are letting it become a stronghold that can develop into a sin. If we are not repentant and allow those sins to be a part of our lives, we will be turned over to that sin. Just as those of Israel who were not satisfied with the mana and charged out to get the quail consumed by the lust for meat God cut them out of his nation. Is there something you need to repent of remove and come back to a place where God is the center of your life? 

 

Prayer: Father God, you are so wonderful. I thank you that you are always calling us back. I thank you that your love and mercy can cover all the mistakes I have made and remove the burden of sin. I thank you that you broke the chains in my life, and I ask that you help me to remove the shackles that remind me of that past sin. I ask for your forgiveness for falling away from seeking you with my entire heart, mind, and body. You are worthy of all I have and all I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment