Monday, May 8, 2017

May 8th 2017, I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate.

Reading: Ephesians 4 and Joshua 8-9

Scripture: Ephesians 4:11-13, And he gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the shepherds and teachers, to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ, until we all attain to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to mature manhood, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ, 

Observation: We all have different gifting and abilities that God has given us, we need to seek God’s wisdom and ask what our direction is. Paul named off several of the gifts that God pours out on us. These ones are gifts that help raise up and equip others for ministry. God may have a ministry waiting for you to be equipped for or he my be grooming you to be one of those who helps to raise up the next generation. 

There are many ways to start the process of finding God’s direction for your life, but all start with seeking him and being in is word. After spending time in his word and listening to him there are many spiritual gifting quizzes or tests that can give you a direction of what God’s has put in you as a gift. But also I would talk to people who know you and will be honest with you and your pastor. I went to school and after graduating with a Biblical degree I thought I would be called into some sort of full-time professional ministry where I would be  paid to use my schooling. 

I have sense discovered at this time I am a teacher and I help Kids to grow and seek God. This is never would have been a place I would have seen myself going and being a part of God’s plan or work. I still struggle with the temptations in my life the lust of the flesh and the pride of life. The devil has not developed new tricks in 5000 years, as we grow in the Lord he seeks out opportune times to attack us. Lately he has been attacking my time causing me to let myself get busy or to sleep longer and not take my time with God in the morning then when I'm not looking to God so much he will start putting thoughts into my head or bringing things or people into my vision that will get distracted from God’s call for my life or that day.


Prayer: Father I thank you for the gift of your son and the opportunities that you place before me each day. I know I struggle with keeping your word in my heart and keeping myself focused you the things you have for me. I thank you that you provide for all my needs and bless us more then we know. I ask that you help me to continually seek you and seek your direction for my life as I can be distracted 

No comments:

Post a Comment