Friday, May 12, 2017

May 12, 2017 Why are you so important.

Reading Philippians 2 and Joshua 16-18

Scripture: Philippians 2:3, Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves.

Observation: As of late I feel that God has been talking to me about money and humility. Today the message about selfish ambition rand out to me and the other night at a mens Bible study we talked about our purpose and in that work and money. As I try to keep my focus on God, seek after him and continue to look for his plan for each day and what me next step is going to be, I find myself looking at my finances and going how am I going to pay this bill or that bill and in that I start thinking of human ways of adjusting thing to make them work. At times I feel like I'm walking a fine line between where I'm being a good steward of what God has given me and saying I don’t care God will take care of us. 

Application: An image was told to me I one of my college classes, my teacher had bought an oil lamp like what would have been used in biblical days. After placing oil and a wick in it he went out of town where there was not city lights turned off all lights and lit the lamp. This little lamp cast a light only enough to see one or two steps. After telling us this story he brings up when Jesus said, “I am the lamp unto your feet and the light unto your path.” We so often want to see the entire path but God wants us to have faith that he will direct us and only shows us enough for the next step or two. 


Prayer: Father I thank you for your light and your path even though I long to see it all you give me enough to fallow. I thank you for your provision and your blessings. I ask that you help me to think more of others and not focus on my own needs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment