Thursday, May 11, 2017

May 11th, 2017 We can make him better than he was. Better, stronger, faster.

Reading: Philippians 1 and Joshua 14-15

Scripture: Joshua 14:11, I am still as strong today as I was in the day that Moses sent me; my strength now is as my strength was then, for war and for going and coming. 

Observation: Caleb after wondering in the desert for forty years and serving in the Lords army and coming into the promised land comes to Joshua and said hey you remember the promises that God and Moses gave us after we went into the promised land and spied it out. These two guys we in their 80’s and in todays thinking most people look at people of that age and say they are used up and useless. God not only kept these guys alive but according to Caleb he was as strong then as he was in his 40’s. He was also ready to head into war to take the cities that were promised to him and has clan. 

Application: Not only did God keep the promises of giving him the land he walked on when spying out the land God gave him strength and abilities to take those lands when they were given and it was time to take them. I know I get scared when I feel like I should go do something for God but it’s not something I'm good at or something I don’t want to do. When we step out into the calling we have no matter if its just something in the moment or if its a call into a ministry God will give us the tools to do it. I have heard many times this in many different ways and I have a tendency to get them jumbled in my head but, God will equip those who are willing and available to go. How often do we look at a situation and say I can’t do that because I don’t have the the skills or can’t speak well. Look at how that worked out for Moses. When God calls us he knows what we can do and what is needed do to what we were called to. Stop thinking I can’t do this or that and start being like Isaiah and when God asked whom shall I send say here am I send me. 


Prayer: Father you are so wonderful your creation being only a glimpse of the glory you have and wonders there are in heaven I just stand in awe. I thank you Lord for your word and the new revelations you give us each day through your Holy Spirit. I thank you for the provisions and blessings you pour out on us each day and the opportunities that you lay before us. Lord I ask the you help us to be like Isaiah and we can say I'm here send me and know that we can do anything you call us to. May your power and knowledge guides us in all we do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment