Wednesday, May 10, 2017

May 10, 2017 Speak Up we can't hear you in the back

Reading: Ephesians 6 and Joshua 12-13

Scripture: Ephesians 6:19-20, and also for me, that words may be given to me in opening my mouth boldly to proclaim the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains, that I may declare it boldly, as I ought to speak.


Observation: Paul was writing to encourage the believers in Ephesus and with the great reminder that we have God’s armor to help us when we are in battle, but that is where most people stop reading or paying attention I know I had. Just after all that encouragement he puts in there is says, “also for me, that words may be given to me in opening my mouth boldly to proclaim the mystery of the gospel.” In church we always hear about these heavy weights in faith such as Paul, Peter and John we often forget they are just as human and susceptible to feeling down as we are. 

Application: Paul was not only encouraging those in Ephesus and us 2000 years later but he was encouraging himself. Reading this portion makes me thing that he may have been battling with some sort of depression in that he was maybe not wanting to talk to people. We have all been given the great commission to go and tell others, the simple Gospel and our own story of who we were before and what God has done in our lives. 


Prayer: Father I stand in awe of how you have made words written 2000 years ago come alive and speak to us anew each day. I thank you for your Holy Spirit who helps us to see and hear your voice. I thank you for the provisions and blessings you pour out on us each and very day. I ask that as Paul said that the words be given to me and my mouth opened to speak boldly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment